EMC Has Announced the End-of-Life for DiskXtender and Has Approved Seven10 Storfirst Storage Software as Its Replacement
Salt Lake City, Utah – MetaSource, the leading distributor of EMC ApplicationXtender, Captiva and InfoArchive today announces that Seven10 has been approved by EMC to replace DiskXtender, which has reached its end-of-life.
Additionally, MetaSource partners will have access to an aggressively priced bundle to provide DiskXtender users, which includes a DiskXtender migration service, standard file system interface into legacy and new storage and a full year of Storfirst software maintenance.
EMC DiskXtender End-of-Life
On December 31, 2015, EMC Corporation issued an end-of-life statement to customers using DiskXtender (DX) Hierarchial Storage Management (HSM) software. Additionally, DX will no longer be supported as of December 31, 2017. For next generation storage management, EMC now recommends Seven10's Storfirst Gateway technology to replace DX.
Seven10 is working in partnership with MetaSource to offer a special migration package for the industry’s most comprehensive and economical replacement plan for DX customers.
What this means for DX users:
- A complete migration, plus management transition strategy at a very low cost
- Comprehensive support that includes Seven10’s PS lead (remote) efforts to ensure flawless migration
- Support for next generation storage technologies such as cloud, object, and NAS
- More scalable and robust storage gateway
Storfirst Gateway: Technology Built for the Sophisticated Enterprise
Storfirst Migration + Gateway software provides unmatched flexibility for current DX customers by providing all of the necessary integration, certification, and validation efforts into the storage layer. This "master key" approach to storage platform management ensures that customers can unlock any storage device adopted by the enterprise so that growth beyond a single type of storage is possible.
Storfirst Migration + Gateway is purpose built to provide a seamless and graceful migration path away from legacy technologies like DX while future-proofing customers costly and disruptive migrations once and for all. By providing immediate connection to your storage of choice through standard networking protocols such as SMB/CIFS or NFS customers can enjoy on-demand access, with unequaled scale, to all storage types.
Key Storfirst Gateway improvements vs. DX
- Standard CIFS presentation layer of tiered storage
- Native support for the widest variety of cloud storage platforms (public + private)
- Built-in, software driven data migration engine
- Exabyte scale, supporting billions of files and unlimited directories per server
- No agents and no third party software
- High data availability with cluster support & multi-target tiering
- Facilitates compliance & improves security with support of WORM & ACLs
- Designed to outlive storage and eliminates obsolescence with support for all storage types
- Application-defined retention and lifecycle policy management
- User friendly and customer installable
- Cost effective with immediate ROI
About Seven10 Storage Software
Seven10 is a market leading developer of automated data management software. The company's award-winning technology provides organizations a simple, unified information management system that includes data migration capabilities from existing storage arrays. With support for on-premise and cloud technologies, Seven10 helps customers protect their most essential corporate data – offering a secure, scalable, and centralized view of tiered storage. With proven success in healthcare, finance and other compliance-driven markets, Seven10's software delivers immediate access while providing the most economical choices for long-term data retention. Technology built to outpace innovation. More: www.seven10storage.com
About MetaSource, LLC
MetaSource is a technology focused provider of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) / Business Process Management (BPM) services integrated with Enterprise Content Management (ECM), workflow solutions, compliance services and customer experience processes to meet our clients' objectives. We help our clients manage risk, improve quality, increase efficiencies and realize their most important goals. From automation to outsourcing, our solutions enable you to focus on your core business – MetaSource will do the rest. We service a variety of industries for a national clientele through our global network of PCI Level 1 / Version 3 certified, SOC / AT 101 Type II / AT 101 (formerly known as SAS70) and HIPAA compliant processing centers, employing over 800 employees world.
For more information about MetaSource, contact Colin Graf at firstname.lastname@example.org or (267) 552-6379.