HR departments generate a seemingly endless stream of documents from recruiting, new employee onboarding, insurance and benefits enrollment, insurance, off-boarding, drug testing, and more. Streamlining the capture, processing and retrieval of these essential documents electronically may seem like a daunting task.
Not so with MetaSource. Our mailroom document scanning service ensures that all incoming paper forms and other documents are processed most efficiently. Our backfile scanning service ensures that all of your legacy employee files that need to be retained are digitized and instantly searchable, which also allows you to reclaim space from filing cabinets and eliminate offsite document storage costs.
Workflow automation software then cuts down processing of employee files by 90% in terms of both labor and subsequent errors, and integrates with your HCM/HRM system.
Get Rid of the Paper: Content Ingestion
Mailroom & PO Box Scanning
By routing all of your HR mail to us, we will prep, scan, extract, and validate information from incoming applications, forms, drug tests, and other employee records on the same day they are received. This eliminates data entry and the time needed to route paper documents.
Employee File Scanning
From paper to microfilm to microfiche, scanning and indexing employee files is a labor-intensive and detail-oriented process that is ideally suited for outsourcing to an expert. MetaSource offers two options for document scanning:
- Onsite Document Scanning: our document scanning specialists will scan and index all of your legacy file at your location
- Offsite Document Scanning: we provide document scanning and indexing services at one of several locations nationwide
We use state-of-the-art document scanning equipment to guarantee excellent accuracy for every document image.
Workflow Automation Software
Workflow automation streamlines HR processes by automatically routing employee documents for review and approval, applying retention schedules by document type and automatically purging employee records that have reached their end-of-life. Additional benefits:
- I-9s are routed and processed separately from other employee files to comply with federal requirements
- Sensitive employee information is routed and processed separately from other employee files, and is secured from unauthorized access, especially in the cloud (e.g. I-9s, salaries, medical)
- Managers issue approvals from anywhere, mobile or web
- You will achieve more with same or less HR staff
Document Deficiency Identification
Workflow automation software can also identify missing employee documents, both during the on-boarding process and over the life of the employee.
Collecting tax forms and the I-9 during the hiring process is critical in order to be compliant and to avoid fines, as well as capturing each new employee’s drivers license and benefits and health insurance enrollment forms. It’s also important to capture signed acknowledgement forms for each policy change. Lastly, it’s a best practice to perform a document deficiency check when migrating from one HCM/HRM to another as documents are inevitably lost.
HCM & HRM Integration
We integrate workflow automation and document management software with your human capital/resource management system (HCM/HRM) so that you can search and retrieve employee files directly from the following software:
- ADP Vantage
- Sage HRMS
- UKG (Formerly Kronos and Ultimate Software)
- And many more, including homegrown software