EMC has extended support dates for ApplicationXtender 7.0 (AX7) SP1 by one year:
- End of Primary Support: from January 31, 2017 to January 31, 2018
- End of Extended Support: from January 31, 2018 to January 31, 2019
This is an opportunity for those using older versions of AX to upgrade to ApplicationXtender 7.
Affected AX7.0 SP1 Modules
- ApplicationXtender xPlore
- ApplicationXtender Workflow Manager
- ApplicationXtender Desktop
- ApplicationXtender Image Capture
- ApplicationXtender Media Distribution
- ApplicationXtender Reports Management
- ApplicationXtender Storage Retention Management
- ApplicationXtender Web Access.NET
- ApplicationXtender Web Services 7.0
- ApplicationXtender for Office
Extended Support Dates
Extended support is available, for an additional cost, after the Primary Support for a version of a product has gone obsolete (End of Primary Support – EOPS).
EOPS is the date after which EMC’s standard technical support is no longer available. For year 1 of extended support, you’d receive the same level of support as if it was the product’s Primary Support. For year 2 of extended support, EMC can only guarantee best efforts.
AX 6.5 SP2
- EOPS was 6/30/2015
- Extended Support Year 1 (same level of support) was available July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016
- Extended Support Year 2 (best effort only) is available July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017
- EOPS is 1/31/2017
- Extended Support Year 1 (same level of support) available February 1, 2017 through January 31, 2018
- Extended Support Year 2 (best effort only) available February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019
AX v7.0 SP1
- EOSL is 1/31/2018
- Extended Support Year 1 (same level of support) available February 1, 2017 through January 31, 2019
- Extended Support Year 2 (best effort only) available February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2020
- EOSL is 10/31/2018
- Extended Support Year 1 (same level of support) available November 1, 2018 through October 31, 2019
- Extended Support Year 2 (best effort only) available November 1, 2019 through October 31, 2020
- EOSL is 6/30/2019
- Extended Support Year 1 (same level of support) available July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
- Extended Support Year 2 (best effort only) available July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Here is the extended support timetable for ApplicationXtender versions 6.5 SP2, 7.0, 7.0 SP1, 8.0 and 8.1.
If extended support is not purchased or is no longer available, as long as you pay your contract, you will be entitled to upgrades, but will not be able to get tech support, bug fixes, patch support, etc.
If you are current on maintenance and need technical support for their EOPS version of ApplicationXtender, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase Extended Support coverage. EMC will continue to provide up to two years of Extended Support after the EOPS date.
ApplicationXtender Versions No Longer Supported
All versions prior to version 6.52 have been unsupported for quite some time.
- ApplicationXtender 5.2x End-of-Support: November 30, 2007
- ApplicationXtender 5.3x End-of-Support: June 30, 2009
- ApplicationXtender 5.4 End-of-Support: December 31, 2010
- ApplicationXtender 6.0 End-of-Support: April 2012 with Extended Support Year 2 available through April 2014
- ApplicationXtender 6.5 SP1 End-of-Support: April 30, 2013 with Extended Support Year 2 available through April 30, 2015
- WorkFlowXtender v.6.0 & Document Routing went End of Support with this version of AX
- ProIndex v.6.x & the Integration Module (AXIM) went End of Support with this version of AX
- EMC no longer provides support on AX 6.51 or prior license server versions
EMC Software Support Lifecycle
EMC’s software lifecycle policy states that a software product reaches EOPS after a minimum of 36 months following the product’s General Availability (GA) date. Once a product reaches EOPS, EMC Technical Support is no longer available under base support/maintenance agreements. Customers must upgrade to a current release or contract for Extended Support if available.
ApplicationXtender Support Options
In the event that your organization needs more time to complete an upgrade, EMC offers Extended Support for select product releases for an additional cost. This option provides flexibility in timing your migration to newer product versions. Extended Support coverage is available for up to two years after a product reaches EOPS, and is available in 6-month increments.
If you will not have your environment completely upgraded to supported releases by the EOPS date for EMC product versions in your environment, we recommend that you immediately contract for Extended Support, if available, to ensure uninterrupted technical support. To discuss Extended Support or contract for an agreement, please contact your EMC support/maintenance renewals representative at email@example.com.