Workflow Automation Begins with an Assessment
Can you name the top two workflow automation applications?
You probably already knew that it’s AP invoice processing and HR new employee on-boarding. Streamlining and automating AP and HR can cut 60-90% of labor out of these processes, allowing you to handle increasing volumes without adding headcount.
That was the easy part… Now, the devil’s in the details, and several questions arise that are critical to a successful implementation. Here are a few to consider:
- Do you need new invoice capture front-end software or should you outsource invoice mail opening, prep and scanning?
- Does “automation” include line item extraction, database look-ups and 3-way matching with POs and delivery receipts?
- Does an integration already exist for your accounting/ERP software or does it need to be created?
- How do you need to capture new employee information? e.g. email, eforms with digital signatures, paper, fax, etc.
- Is benefits enrollment and/or payroll setup part of the workflow solution?
- Does an integration already exist for your HRIS, HRMS or HCM software, or does it need to be created?
How to Answer These Questions
The best way to answer these questions is to get help from an expert. For a limited time, MetaSource and our reseller partners are offering a free workflow assessment after rebate. That’s an $8,000 value.
We regularly conduct these assessments as the discovery portion of a workflow automation software project, for which we normally charge several thousand dollars. As a result of the assessment, you will receive the following:
- Precise level of effort (LOE) estimate
- Detailed statement of work (SOW)
- Accurate cost for implementing workflow
From our experience, the most successful workflow automation installations we’ve made all had a workflow assessment performed before any development began.
If you’d considering workflow automation and/or utilize EMC ApplicationXtender document management software, this offer’s for you.The cost of the prepaid workflow assessment will be included as a rebate credit on the associated Professional Services invoice for workflow development, testing and implementation. Act now, this offer expires December 31, 2015.