ApplicationXtender 16.6 Now Available
OpenText ApplicationXtender (AX) 16.6 document management and workflow automation software is now available. The focus of this release is on cloud readiness, product integration, and user productivity.
- Improved Document Viewing: integration with Oracle Outside IN and ative support for Microsoft Office through Office Online Server (OOS)
- Updated Workflow: integration with Skelta BPM 2017 workflow automation
- Support for Microsoft Azure Core Services: support for Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Azure Database and Azure Files
- Support for OpenText Directory Services (OTDS): support for single sign-on (SSO) through OTDS
For a complete list of new features and fixed issues, please refer to the Release Notes (My Support log in required).
Discontinued & Deprecated Features
The following components are now deprecated in AX 16.6. Support continues until December 2021 but no further development will take place for these deprecated components:
- ApplicationXtender Reports Management (AXRM) 16.3: AXRM will be replaced by OpenText Output Transformation Server (OTS) in ApplicationXtender 16.7, scheduled for release in Q4CY2019
- ApplicationXtender for Office (AXO) 16.3: AXO will be replaced by an official AX/Office365 Integration in ApplicationXtender 16.7, scheduled for release in Q4CY2019
- ApplicationXtender Connector (AXC) 16.3: AXC will be replaced by AX Desktop in a future release of ApplicationXtender
NOTE: For many users, the addition of Office Online Server as a read/write feature of ApplicationXtender Web Access 16.6 covers many of the use cases for AXO with respect to document viewing, editing, and saving into ApplicationXtender. The Outlook connector is currently in beta, so please contact your reseller or contact us for more information. The following components are discontinued and will be retired in December 2021 when support ends:
- Image Capture REST 16.3: Image Capture REST has been replaced by AX Web Scanning through the Cloud Capture toolkit, included as part of ApplicationXtender Web Access 16.3 and later releases
- Kofax Ascent Capture Release Script 16.3: for users who require Kofax product support, OpenText has many ApplicationXtender partners, including MetaSource, who maintain connectors that are tested against and compatible with multiple Kofax versions
- ApplicationXtender Desktop MFP Connector 16.3: the Cloud Capture toolkit delivers functionality similar to the Desktop MFP Connectors including both TWAIN and ISIS connectors used by all multi-function peripherals
If you need support to upgrade from any earlier AX version, contact us today.
Staying current with the latest releases ensures you can take advantage of new features and performance improvements that will help maximize the value of your investments in OpenText technology. Did you know that customers who chose MetaSource professional services team to assist them reported 75% fewer upgrade related issues to customer support post implementation?