The COVID-19 Vaccination is Coming: Is Your Agency Prepared to Handle the CDC Reporting Requirements?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently issued the COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook for Jurisdiction Operations, providing guidelines on how to plan and operationalize a vaccination response to COVID-19. While many of the plan’s activities likely overlap with your existing and routine processes, the CDC indicates that the immunization response to COVID-19 is much larger in scope and complexity than standard seasonal flu programs.
One mandate from the playbook requires jurisdictions to collect and report consent form data for each resident. This means your vaccination locations must have trained staff, necessary equipment, and internet access to report vaccine administration data at the time of inoculation. Alternatively, data can be entered offsite, but it must be reported to Immunization Information Systems within 24 hours.
Depending on the size of your municipality, this could translate to tens or hundreds of thousands of forms each day – a significant volume of information to be captured within a very short turnaround.
While we don’t yet know when the COVID-19 vaccine will be available, we do know that your preparedness will be key to a smooth program rollout. MetaSource offers a HIPAA-compliant, end-to-end solution to support your data gathering response:
- Secure document pickup and transport in tamper-proof containers
- A technology-based platform providing automated tracking of all consent forms
- Digital imaging – giving you the option to maintain electronic copies of all consent forms
- Capture of critical consent form fields – direct keying within your platform or electronic delivery through SFTP An exceptions process to manage incomplete forms or unreadable fields
- Robust quality assurance processes that yield a minimum of 99.5% accuracy
- NAID-AAA-certified destruction or secure document return
Capturing more than 200 million documents annually, digitization and data capture are MetaSource core competencies. Let us help you meet the CDC’s guidelines through:
- Stringent security to protect patient health information and mitigate project risks – Audited to and compliant with HIPAA, SOC 2 Type 2, and PCI-DSS requirements, we offer risk-free and secure solutions to protect your patient data. Through a comprehensive set of best practices and controls, we actively mitigate potential threats using a combination of administrative, physical, and electronic controls. A sampling of controls includes employee background screenings, non-disclosure agreements, annual security training, company-owned transportation, secured physical areas with controlled access, “need to know” and segregated-duty data privileges, data encryption, vulnerability scanning, and robust business continuity strategies.
- Right-sized staffing models to meet the CDC’s stringent turnaround times – MetaSource can provide support from one or more of our six strategically-located capture facilities across the U.S. Each site is specifically designed with excess capacity relative to space requirements, equipment, and workstations. Leveraging a combination of work schedule forecasting, capacity planning, and process analytics to drive production across these sites, we deploy employee cross-training programs, implement extended shifts, onboard new staff, purchase additional equipment, and expand space as needed to meet all client volumes.
- Customized solutions to meet the unique needs of your agency – MetaSource’s seasoned staff will work closely with you to validate volumes and refine solution components that address your budgetary needs while producing output that meets CDC guidelines with the highest levels of data quality, timeliness, and usability.
Give us a call or click on the link below to learn more about how MetaSource can support you in meeting the CDC’s reporting requirements.