In the wake of the COVID-19 shutdown, businesses that found themselves jumping into a remote workforce model practically overnight soon discovered a key shortcoming in their digital capabilities: the mailroom.
Even the smoothest transition to a decentralized, internet-connected workforce has come up against this intractable silo of paper and a physical address.
Fortunately, there is a solution. Digital mailroom services eliminate the climbing stacks of physical mail with nowhere to go, saving time and money you won’t have to spend distributing physical copies.
What’s more, with studies showing that the coronavirus can live on paper for up to three days, a digital mailroom minimizes the risks of handling a lot of paper.
A modern, digital mailroom is a surprisingly cost-effective solution. It comes with many benefits your business can leverage far beyond the current health crisis and need for social distancing.
A Paper-Reduced Environment is the Future
The interest in digital mailroom services has been growing for many reasons that have nothing to do with short-term health risks.
A digital mailroom eliminates the costly and time-consuming need to distribute mail from a single location to departments and employees in multiple locations. From remote employees, to branch employees, to employees in the field, the ability to quickly access and share important documents is a key driver of efficiency.
At MetaSource, our digital mailroom services start with the physical receipt or collection of mail that is then sorted, prepped, scanned, extracted, validated and moved to an indexed, searchable cloud platform. From there, employees can access the documents and information they need from wherever they are working. The advantages don’t end there.
There are numerous digital mailroom services benefits. Here are just a few:
- Security: Handling physical mail can be risky in ways that go beyond the potential for transmitting a virus. A digital mailroom is more secure in multiple ways, from minimizing contact with mail that may require professional screening, to reducing opportunities for theft and lost mail.
- Efficiency: Digital mailrooms can dramatically shrink the amount of time spent managing physical documents. A digital archive can also integrate content from multiple sources to increase process efficiency with indexed, easily searchable data that’s there when you need it.
- Retention: Physical documents are easily misplaced and are at risk of getting lost in floods, fires, or other natural disasters. In contrast, digital mail is as permanent as you need it to be.
- Cost Savings: In addition to cutting the costs of running your own mailroom, a digital mailroom helps speed the processing of invoices, insurance claims, EOBs and more. From taking advantage of early payment discounts, to reduced time spent on data entry, digital mail is a source of efficiency that goes straight to the bottom line.
- Productivity On the Go: Once your mail has been scanned into a cloud platform, you can access it from anywhere. And with mobile integration, your geographically dispersed teams can always stay in the loop.
The Right Partner for Going Paperless
The right digital mailroom partner makes all the difference. At MetaSource, we have expertise in transformational business technology like Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and workflow automation. Our knowledge and experience with these systems allow us to offer customized, scalable and cost-effective solutions that do exactly what you need them to do.
Our digital mailroom services have helped streamline processes for a wide array of businesses, government organizations and financial firms that went from drowning in mail to enhancing their back-office efficiencies.
Want to see the benefits pile up instead of the mail? We can get a digital mailroom up and running in just 2-3 days.
Give us a call or click on the link below to learn more.